Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wallace Gap to Wayah Shelter

we got a free breakfast from the folks at the First Baptist Church in Franklin this morning before I was shuttled out to Wallace Gap. what great folks, God is looking out for me I am sure. Today was cold, and dark and very windy. I was miserable the whole day and scampered quite laboriously to wayah shelter after climbing some big mountains including Siler Bald and Wayah Bald. those are nice places to stay and take pictures and enjoy a lunch, if the wind wasnt blasting you in the face like you were playing dodgeball with Roger Clemens. we got a bit of hail up on the ridge today and I only stopped once for a break because of the cold. I camped with Pete, Jesse James, Green Giant and This Guy (who looks like a older version of the kid who is in Billly Madison's first grade class (Mrs Lippy's) who yells out O'doyle Rules on the playground.) This Guy has the most luxurious hair I have ever seen on a 40 something guy. Pete is tall and a marathon runner and a great hiker, Jesse James is my speed for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment