Wednesday, April 9, 2014

blue mountain to Deep Gap

got a quick start and and was hoping to do two of the 3 big climbs today. I bagged Rocky Mountain first, after I got some trail magic at Unicoi Gap. I then climbed Tray mountain and sat at the top and had lunch with a section hiker and Stormcrow. Nemo and Dependable Pete followed and I headed out last. I pushed past Nemo at a water source and camped at Deep Gap with Giggling Bear, Solo Amigo, Ireland, Dependable Pete, and Bliss. good time in camp the hiking was hard but I accomplished all 3 of the large climbs today including Kelly Knob, so very pleased, rain coming tommorrow and only a few miles out of town. The trail has been hard so far, but I'm performing better than expected, hope that remains, but it may be just adrenalin. I have now left Kelly, Matt and Ryan behind, which is sad , but you have to Hike your own Hike as they say. I hung out on a picnic table at night chatting with Bliss and Dependable Pete mostly, and stretching while Bliss did her yoga poses. she is a nice young lady from Nova Scotia, who had some sort of administrative position in their government , but has given it up to hike the trail. she laughs a lot and her positive vibe is very nice to be around. Pete, is a long distance runner, I've been hiking with, he is tall, and can really bang out the miles, and it's a chore to hike along with him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment