Monday, April 28, 2014

Hughes Gap to Mountain Harbor Hostel

I woke at 6 and quickly had my pop tart. it was 7:15 before I headed out just before the ladies. I encountered deer at the trailhead before ascending 6,200 foot climb of Roan Mtn. I had no trouble and was up in about 2 hours. on the descent I took a wrong turn and ended having to climb back up a mile to get back on the trail. work bothered my phone all day. I got to learn to let go, and know that God will provide. I said a prayer, and tried to move past it. once In CarverGap, the trail ascended to a series of beautiful Bald peaks. this was pretty, but the route was dry. water was scarce , aside from the two waters I yogi'd from day hikers. I saw one thru hiker all day. the climb of Little Hump was brutal. it was pretty much like being stabbed in the face for a hour. Big Hump mtn was not much easier . I was sad not to see the girls today, I have grown fond of them. I hustled into Mountain Harbor Hostel by 6:40 pm and low and behold the colonel came out to great me! it was so nice to see them! they had skipped this section, and saw I was exhausted. they were so nice Lena bought me a Mountain Dew. I ate a awesome chicken dinner, this place is crazy nice. vagabond helped me get settled and I hung with the hikers till 11 or so. some of the hikers here: Iron Chef (awesome guy!) Rocky , sparky, Bobcat, Moses, slayer, aloha, Lena, Colonel, 

No comments:

Post a Comment