Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Deep Gap to Hiawassee

Short hike into Hiawasee and had a fun filled day that included breakfast at Huddle House, which is a poor mans Waffle House, a horrid lunch at a Mexican place that probably served me horse meat, and a room at the Holiday Inn that was littered with Bed Bugs! I did have a nice pizza with kelly, matt and Ryan, who caught up with me. I re supplied at a Ingles supermarket and bumped into a hiker named Monkeyman, a young and handsome fella from Arkansas, who is hiking with his wife Pearl. He Looks like Matthew McConaughey, and is a really sweet and interesting guy as well. My stay in Hiawasee ended as I was shuttled back to the trail by a beautiful Christian couple , David and Lois, from Atlanta,  who dropped me off at the trailhead and prayed over me before I left the pickup truck. What a blessing to meet such wonderful folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment