Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Saunders Shelter to Deep Gap

I got ready to go at 7:30am and Kat came out of her tent and asked if I could wait a few minutes for her. I did and we left camp at 8:15am. the early part of the day was pretty standard not too difficult , but Kat struggled on the climb up Whitetop Mtn. She was way behind with Tortoise while I quickly climbed up to Buzzard Rocks with Just Paul. They are a Father and daughter from Wilmington MA. At the top, Kat looked ready to give up, but we coached her along, and we arrived at Deep Gap at 6:00pm. 16 miles is a lot for her, just starting out and all. I was antsy all day as I felt my body could have gone faster and longer than this crew, but their company was fun. Kat used my stove for dinner and she is low on food. she didn't pack properly for this section. it's very cold and windy around here. somewhat unexpected. At camp tonight is Kat, Simple, Kate, Just Paul, Tortoise, and Flinch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment