Thursday, May 1, 2014

campsite to Damascus

today began with my alarm going off at 6am, and a reluctant departure from camp just before 7. the terrain was supposed to be easy, and I shot out pretty well for the first two hours. The trail was wet and foggy from the downpour the previous night, and my shoes carried the evidence of that, as they felt heavy with rain soaked socks. I tried to average 3mph the whole day to get my 30 plus mile day. I hiked around a pack that included Dad, Bobcat, Tortoise, Sparky, Iron Chef, and a German couple . I staggered into Damascus around 6 pm with sore feet and a huge appetite . I had a burger at BlueBlaze Cafe, and Aloha came in and offered for me to stay in his room at the hostel. I played cards and hung out with Wrongway, Formage, Wrecking Ball, Swashbuckler, Kate and Simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment