Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Deep Gap to Old Orchard Shelter

I started out with Kat, and it was ok to Thomas Knob Shelter for a break. we then entered Grayson Highlands State Park and it's wide open vistas, rock laden outcroppings and feral ponies. the trail was filled with Boy Scouts and they scared away the herd of ponies which angered me, and saddened Kat. we grabbed lunch on a sunny spot with Just Paul, Tortoise and Flinch. Kat and I were late getting out, and as luck would have it, a herd passed through just as we were leaving and we got great pics and video of these freaky horses. The rest of the day saw Kat struggle into camp, with me ending up carrying her pack, her feet were bad, and she needs to get off the trail. I set up my tent and cooked dinner and went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment