Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 29 Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega

mile 0 on AT Got down to Georgia, was just getting to starting line of AT and ran into Paul and Bonnie Hakula from the Vineyard. small world. they were driving by the most remote area of Georgia? wow! serendipitous, but nice. love them to death. right now I'm sitting in the hostel so nervous or anxious for tommorrow. I'm here with a guy Ed, who just quit the trail after just 20 miles. he came from Switzerland and already off the trail. this trail is so tough, the steep grades just knock people out. I'm here also with a cat named "bear bag."
 anyway, I'm nervous as a theif in church. my arms are visibly shaking. I pray God gives me the strength bc I know I cannot do this on my own abilities .
hikers here: Bear Bag, Goose and Denise Austin, Frozen and a hiker to be named later, plus a father and son from New Mexico w/o names so far. plus Ed the Swiss, who is quitting after 20 miles. 

the pic is of the stairs in the log cabin hostel here, place is off the charts nice. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment